Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two Verses

For many years, early morning has been my devotion time. I think better in the mornings, and the house is quiet. Then I have all day to think about what I’ve learned or what God has shared with me.

One morning this week, God sent me to Psalm 38:15, “I wait for you, O Lord. You will answer me.”

I am indeed waiting on God – waiting for the full-time job, waiting for Jesus to return, waiting for instruction on how to live and pray and be. Only God knows the type of work I should do and when that job opening will occur. All I can do is wait for him and trust that he will answer.

The next day, God sent another verse from the Psalms. “You uphold me and set me in your presence forever” (Ps. 41:12).

That day, I had an interview and needed God to uphold me. Before the interview, I had the usual butterflies, but when I went into the room – God’s peace upheld me. I knew whatever the outcome, He would set me in His presence forever.

As I wait for the answer, He fills me with His Holy Spirit and gives me the grace to accept whatever decision comes. He will hold me up – now and always.

Two days. Two verses. One incredible God.

1 comment:

  1. One incredible God, indeed. Even today, He simply IS. And His right hand will hold you up, now and always.

    ReplyDelete