Wednesday, November 3, 2010

True Satisfaction

The temp job has ended, so once again I am looking for that full-time job with benefits – out there – somewhere.

Last night, the divine whisper sent me to Psalm 63:5, “My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods….”

It’s true that rich foods can be satisfying. Just today, a wonderful friend brought me a strawberry shake from Dairy Queen – richly satisfying. But I know tomorrow, I’ll be hungry again.

Other things in this life are satisfying: new clothes, a different hairdo, redecorating the house – even a full-time job. But none of these things last. None of them really satisfy those inner cravings for security, intimacy and peace.

How do we find true satisfaction that lasts? The verses preceding and following Psalm 63:5 answer the question. “I will praise you, God, and honor you as long as I live,” “I lift up my hands to you in prayer,” “I praise you with songs of joy,” “I lie awake, thinking of you.”

True satisfaction is found when we focus on God’s love rather than our problems. Complete security is found in Christ; not in jobs. Real intimacy is found in the arms of our loving Savior. Sweet peace is felt as we trust God for the answers.

The richest satisfaction in life is knowing that we belong to God, and nothing can ever take that away.

No comments:

Post a Comment