Saturday, September 18, 2010

When

My son said the nicest thing.

I asked him if he thought I was a “glass half-empty person or a glass half-full.”

“Are you kidding, Mom? You’re not just a glass half-full. You’re a case full.”

After we both laughed, I said, “I’m glad you think so, but how did you reach that conclusion? What makes you think I have a positive outlook on life?”

“Because nobody else I know could lose their job and keep saying ‘When’.”

I’m so grateful that my son realized the importance of looking forward as we trust God. The question isn’t “What if something happens?” or “If God gives me a new job.” The correct description of trust is “When.”

God will answer our prayers when the timing is right. He will show us a new direction to take when we have learned everything we’ll need for the change. Jesus will come back when his Father tells him to go and get His children.

The way to stay in hope is to keep thinking, “When.”

No comments:

Post a Comment