Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Living Forward

About 15 years ago, I interviewed for a position at my church. Another applicant was a single mom, who really needed the job. Although I was offered the job, I didn’t feel right about accepting it. I knew that young mother needed to support her two daughters, and the position was perfect for her. So I turned it down and asked the elders to give it to the other applicant.

I forgot about that moment until a few weeks ago.

One of my friends, who is an incredible communicator, heard about the temp job I’m doing. She would have been perfect for the position, but she also knew how badly I needed work. So she didn’t apply for it; she didn’t even tell anyone she was interested. She just kept praying for me and then cheered me when I started the job – an example of a holy moment, hidden so that no one but God sees.

Years ago, I showed kindness to a single mom who needed a job. I had no idea then that I would someday be a single mom who would need a job. I had no clue that an experience 15 years ago would plant a seed that would be harvested in my own life. And I had no inkling that my good friend would return the favor.

God is so good to be faithful yesterday, today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment