Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Prayer Meets the Answer

The divine whisper called me to Psalm 88 where I found an interesting concept in verse 13. In the Amplified version, it read, “But to you I cry, O Lord; and in the morning shall my prayer come to meet you.”

Just the idea of meeting with God brought comfort, but here the sons of Korah described the moment when prayer actually met with God. My mind created a vision of God Himself listening for my cry and meeting the prayer halfway.

It was a discouraging week as I paid the September bills and subtracted what was left in the checking account. I spoke against the fear, sang the songs of praise and reminded myself of God’s eternal faithfulness. Then I read Psalm 88 and felt the encouragement of the Holy Spirit again.

A temp job suddenly opened up, which may become a full-time position. It involves writing, problem-solving and communications – all my strengths. In a divine coincidence, this job happened just as I was learning about Psalm 88:13. As I prayed, God was already sending the answer. My cry and His answer met in a spontaneous explosion of need and grace.

Join with me in praising God.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I am thanking God for His generosity and perfect timing! I am also thanking Him for YOU, just like Paul did with the saints of Ephesus in Ephesians 1:15 - "For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers."

    I love you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete