Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Suddenly ...

Last weekend, my son and I traveled to Oklahoma for a family wedding. I was excited about seeing everyone, but also dreaded having to answer the question I knew would come, “Do you have a job yet?”

“No. Nothing yet.”

Before I finished packing for the trip, God sent me to Isaiah 48. I had read that chapter many times before, but this time – God had a special message. Verse 3, “I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.”

Suddenly he acted, and they came to pass. Although it has now been six months of searching for the job, that time period means nothing to God. He can act in the sphere of “suddenly.” One day I will wake up, and God will know it is the day. He will act. He will move the mountain. He will remove the fog and make it known. The job will come to pass. Suddenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment