Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Faithfulness in Advance

This morning, the Lord took me to Isaiah 41:10. This verse has been a favorite ever since I served as a missionary in Honduras. Again, those sweet words brought comfort: “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

When I went to the office, I was told that my temp job will end June 30th. Unless something happens in the next two weeks, there will be no income after June – except for the fact that God is faithful. He has told me, in advance, not to fear. He has promised to be with me. He has told me to not be dismayed – upset, frustrated, discouraged – because he indeed is my God. He has promised to strengthen me and help me. And this morning, he upheld me with his powerful and loving right hand.

I don’t know what is going to happen. I only know that since God knows what I need in advance, then he is perfectly capable of helping me today and beyond June 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment