Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More & More Praise

Discouragement surrounded me this week. It had been a long time since the last interview – no calls, no answers, no job. It seemed as if my life was on “Pause.” I asked God, “When do we get to ‘Play’ or even ‘Fast Forward’?” No answer.

So, in the privacy of my living room, I did a scarf dance. The scarf dance is something I taught several years ago to my women’s Bible study in Lawrence. Each of us had a colorful scarf, and we used it as a tool of worship. We danced around my house to the music of “Celebrate Jesus”, swirling our scarves and swaying in praise.

This time, I was alone, except for the Lord. I sang my own version of the song, draped one of my silk scarves around me and just danced in worship. The discouragement left, and peace enveloped my soul.

The way to stay in hope is to praise God, over and over and over again. As King David reminds us in Psalm 71:14, “But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment