Wednesday, May 26, 2010

3 Important Points

Last Saturday, God took me to Psalm 37 and gave me three instructions. I’ve been focusing on them all week:

1.Delight in the Lord. He will give you the desires of your heart. To delight in the Lord means to focus all my energy on him. It means I should stop worrying and scurrying – just enjoy my time with him. He knows the desires of my heart, even better than I, but my greatest desire is to delight in him.

2.Commit everything to him and let him take care of it. It’s so easy for me to plan what I’m going to do, then forge ahead and do it with gusto. But God wants me to relax in his arms and let him be my Husband and my Maker. He’ll take care of the job, the finances and every other desire I have.

3.Be still and wait patiently. It’s been almost seven months since the lay-off. I thought surely I would have a job by now, but it hasn’t happened. For some reason, God has me living in the “pause” button when I would rather be on “play” or “fast forward.” He knows why and he knows where. I just need to be still and wait for him to work it out.

George Mueller once wrote that although the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, so are the stops. So I need to take his advice and focus on the three points God gave me. Then the future steps as well as this stop will be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment