Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Joy in Bloom

Flowers give me so much joy, and this year – they are spectacular. Since we had such a wet winter, the trees and flowers are abundant with color and texture. It’s been hard to pass by some of the nurseries and not buy any flowers (trying to save money), but last week God provided a gift. I used part of it for some yellow flowers in the front of the house.

It has been said that yellow flowers cheer up any room. I think that’s true, and the bright yellow seems to be everywhere this year. Besides flowers, I’ve seen yellow blouses, chartreuse jackets and even canary-yellow shoes. As soon as I get a job, I plan to buy something yellow for my wardrobe.

But in the meantime, I’ve planted a few yellow zinnias in front that cheer me every time I drive up to the house. They remind me of God’s provision this week and of the need to stay encouraged and live in hope. A few yellow flowers are worth it to keep my spirits up and my thoughts on the Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment