Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Delivered from Fear

About 3:30 one morning, I was awake and praying about the "job". The search has almost taken on a character of its own; constantly with me in my thoughts and even in my dreams.

But that early in the morning, I couldn't really do anything about it. So I opened my Bible to one of the best chapters about fighting fear: Psalm 34. And once again, I read one of my favorite verses for staying in hope.

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." Ps 34:4.

Delivered from ALL my fears, including the fear of waiting for the job to appear, the fear of not being able to pay bills, the fear of wondering where in this city I fit in and why can't I find it.

Sometimes the fear of the unknown is harder to face than the fears right in front of us. But God promises to deliver us from all fears. So, I literally visualize taking that fear and placing it at the foot of the cross - then letting Jesus deal with it.

Praise God - He delivers me !

No comments:

Post a Comment