Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wait in Hope

The weekend dragged as I faced too many days, unemployed. My knees scraped raw as I knelt beside the bed, crying out to God for help. The new job hadn't surfaced; I felt rejected and alone.

Yet the definition of hope includes believing, especially when we don't see the answer. The "evidence of things not seen" concludes the writer of Hebrews as he describes faith. Hope and faith are sisters, both requiring the foundation of trust.

On Sunday, I found another buoy to hang on to, recorded in the Psalms: "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you."

My hope is not found in the job nor in the security it brings. My hope is in the very presence of my Husband and Maker - Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment