Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Encouragement of the Geese

Several years ago, during a time of great suffering, God sent the geese. I was driving to work and fighting discouragement, when a flock of geese flew right over my truck. They were so beautiful, so fluid in their movement and so determined in their purpose – I felt encouraged. I knew that the same Creator who gave the geese an instinct to fly in a V, would also direct my life. Since then, every time I see geese, I praise God for his provisions and his direction.

During this job search, I have seen more geese than any time in my life. When going to an interview, geese were all over the lawn near the building. Driving to a job fair, 3 different flocks of geese flew over me. At least once or twice every week or so, I see more geese. None of these situations have resulted in a job, but I’ve felt encouraged by the geese that God keeps sending.

This morning, I met a woman for a networking meeting. She gave me some ideas, but no definite answers for a job. Later, I was driving to a luncheon appointment, and I thought about the networking lead. I wondered what God had in mind.

I turned into an access road and right in the middle of the road were four geese, just leisurely waddling along the asphalt. They seemed in no hurry, but completely comfortable to let me wait for them. I laughed out loud for several moments.

“Thank you, God. Here are the geese once again – not at all frustrated because I don’t have a job. Just doing what they do best – waiting for a signal from you to fly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment