Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Strange Place

We Christians live in a strange place. It is possible to be afraid and still be trusting God. Sometimes we suffer pain, yet have an inner peace. We are in the world and not really of the world. We live on Planet Earth, but long for our home in Heaven.

I'm in a strange place now - looking for a job, trying not to let fear and discouragement be the emotions that define me. Still trusting God to work it out and to send me where I can be the most good.

The Apostle Paul understood our dilemma. He wrote, "We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed" (2 Corinthians 4:8-9).

So every morning I get up and say, "Thank you, God, for this good day. Maybe today I'll get that new job."

Every night, I praise God for being with me during the day. Sometimes, with tears streaming onto my pillow, I remind God he has promised to be faithful. I tell him that my son and I need help. Then I go on trusting - in this strange place.

No comments:

Post a Comment