Thursday, February 10, 2011

Planted

Who among us can truly understand the mysterious and wonderful workings of God? After all these months, praying and searching and waiting – God suddenly speaks the word and everything falls into place.

This week, I accepted a part-time position at a Christian nonprofit ministry (Check out www.gatewayofhopeministries.org). Gateway of Hope is a place of serenity, of seeking God’s wholeness for women who have been abused or women who just need to rest. The ministries include counseling, healing prayer, mini-retreats and support groups. We provide interesting workshops, a beautiful and peaceful setting and a gathering place where women can find encouragement. I will be the Program Director, working to implement the retreats and groups, managing the communications and helping to grow the organization. I will have the privilege of raising support and trusting God each month to provide the finances my son and I need in order to survive. What an awesome and humbling opportunity.

Because this is a part-time position, I will have time to continue writing and editing. With time, the Gateway position may include more hours, depending on the donations that come in. I am so grateful for all the lessons of faith God has taught me – how to trust him when the circumstances seem bleak, how to praise him when the answer is silence, how to believe that his love for me never ceases.

Isaiah wrote it well, “A planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor” (Isa. 61:3b). God has planted me. May I display his splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment