Thursday, July 15, 2010

God Alone

Years ago, I heard Charles Stanley say, “When God repeats something, pay attention.”

This week, God repeated the same idea five times, so I’m paying attention. The theme was that God alone was going to give me a job. He doesn’t really need my help.

Psalm 72:18, “Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does wondrous things.”

Psalm 62:5, “Wait only upon God….”

Psalm 62:1, “For you alone, my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.”
NIV note to Psalm 51:10, “Create – as something new which cannot emerge from what now is and which only God can fathom.”

NIV note to Psalm 81:10, “Trust in the Lord alone for all of life’s needs.”

It seems pretty clear to me. God alone is going to do this thing, and when he wants me to do something, he will instruct me. I just need to wait for his incredible work.

2 comments:

  1. I have often been guilty of wanting, even insisting, that something other than God meet my need. Such foolish futility only leads to heartache. I am so grateful that God in His infinite wisdom and kindness deals patiently with me and yes is faithful to meet my needs.
    I pray that you too will always know Him to be your Perfect Provider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    I have a new blog post about answers to prayer inspired by a Moody Radio broadcast. I mention you in it so in case you're interested in seeing it, here is the link: http://hopeharbor.blogspot.com/2010/07/answers-to-prayer.html

    ReplyDelete