Thursday, February 3, 2011

Plunder

When the Israelites left Egypt, they asked for gold, silver and jewelry. The Egyptians complied, grateful to be free of those pesky Israelites and their leader, Moses. So God’s people plundered the enemy. Later, in the book of Exodus, the plunder was offered to help build the Tabernacle.

What is the plunder that I have taken away from this time of unemployment? A greater sense of God’s care as he continues to provide for us, a deeper understanding of what trusting God really means, a cadre of people who have prayed for us and sent gifts to sustain us, a purified and honed spirit, plus - published words that hopefully glorify God.

As we march forward, I hope to use this plunder to refurbish another tabernacle – to be an example of the presence of God, alive and active in our world. Perhaps I can encourage someone else who is going through unemployment and help that person to learn more about trust. Certainly, I can praise God for all the people who have prayed and supported us and ask God to bless them in return. I hope to carry with me that purified spirit that stays humble and obedient, always ready to give an answer for the hope that grows within me. My published words? Who knows what will happen there. This blog will continue as we all need to find hope, no matter what trials we are wading through. Someday, a book may tie it all together. Surely the seeds of faith that have germinated via this media will grow.

The best plunder will be shown at a future date when I walk toward my Savior in paradise and revel in his embrace. Hopefully, he will show me how this experience kicked Satan back a few notches and moved the kingdom of Christ forward. Maybe he will tell me why it has taken so long to find an answer, or maybe he will just let me trust his heart for that timeline.

I pray that my dear Jesus will be pleased with the outcome, and I that I will continue to glorify him as I stay in hope. If that happens, then the plunder will be worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment