Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heavenly UPS

As God called me this morning to fast and pray for an upcoming interview, I opened my Bible to Psalm 57. Several verses there gave me hope and fodder for my prayers.
“I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills His purpose for me.”

The job I need is not only one that utilizes my skills and experience, but especially – the one that fulfills God’s purpose for me. He has called me to be His servant, to glorify Him with my writing and to further His kingdom on this earth. But most job descriptions aren’t written in biblical language or with a Christian worldview. I must continue to seek God’s purpose and direction.

“He will send from heaven to save me…my God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness.”

Like a heavenly UPS, God continues to send me packages of love and faithfulness. Direction for how to pray, courage for interviews, financial assistance for those constant bills and peace to replace the fear. I depend on Him to meet every practical and emotional need, to keep me in faith and to surround me with his love.

That is the faithfulness of God – meeting every need, even the deepest ones we can barely discern and pouring out His grace each moment. I need His package today and depend on His ability to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment