Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advance Warning

God is so good to warn us in advance. Monday night, he sent me to Psalm 34, one of my favorite of David’s songs. It reminded me to not give in to fear. Several of the verses spoke specifically against fear and assured me that God is taking care of us.

“I sought the Lord and He heard me. He delivered me from all my fears.” Vs 4

“This poor man called and the Lord heard him. He saved him out of all his troubles.” Vs 6

“Those who fear the Lord lack nothing.” Vs 9

“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous. His ears are attentive to their cry.” Vs 15

“The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” Vs 17

The next morning, I received word that my email account had been hijacked and my contact list compromised. Although I’ve blocked everything and checked all my accounts, I don’t know how much of my identity has been stolen. But I do know that I don’t need to be afraid.

I am praying for those who have done this to me. They have the address of this blog. Maybe they will read it and learn about Christ who can set them free. I hope so. He is the only one who can deliver us, keep us from fear and restore our losses into something good. He is the only one who knows how to warn us in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment