Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royalty

Like many Americans, I set my alarm for 3 am on April 29th and watched the wedding of William and Catherine. The English garden theme, the dress and the music thrilled me as I rejoiced with this young couple. It was a beautiful ceremony, laced with tradition and history that the royals do so successfully.

Everything about the day seemed perfect. Even the weather cooperated with the first sunbeams poking through cloudy London, just as Kate stepped onto the red carpet. After the ceremony, the royal family waved from gleaming carriages and greeted the crowds on their way to Buckingham Palace. The pageantry and excitement seemed palpable – even in my Kansas living room.

As thousands of people thronged forward to greet the couple on the balcony of the palace, I thought of a future day and excitement unmatched in human history. Someday, all of mankind will cheer for the King of kings and the Lord of lords. It will be an awesome display of humility as we bow at his feet and acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord of all. Far greater than any human royalty, Jesus will receive the respect and worship of all people for his creativity, his surpassing glory and the sacrifice he made for us all.

As much as I enjoyed watching William and Catherine make their vows, I will so much more enjoy the moment that I see true royalty in the face and bearing of my Savior, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment