Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lifting My Eyes

Last week, my family arranged for me to join them in a New Mexico mountain town. We had a week of cool weather, no humidity and the glory of God’s creation. Psalm 72:3 reminds us that the mountains bring peace to the people. That was certainly the case as I enjoyed the time with family, read good books, wrote in my journal and reveled in the beauty of the mountains. For one week, I purposely focused on God’s creation and forgot about the job search.

One day, I sat by the stream and worshiped God. The babbling voice of the water reminded me that God was near. The stream was so peaceful, filled with the life of the water, yet free of stress. The pine trees and blue spruce lifted their arms to the heavens in praise to God. A tiny hummingbird sang as he searched for the pollen of wildflowers. And I sat there, representing God’s human creation, and worshiped the God who made it all.

Corrie Ten Boom once said, "God doesn't have problems; He only has plans."

Surely the God who created the mountains can also fulfill the plans he has for me. I lift up my eyes to the mountains, and I lift my heart in praise to my Maker and my Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment