Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Note to Self

Writing about hope is one thing - living in it is another. This week, I found out my job will be ending January 1st. 8 working days to find another job - no severance, no unemployment, just the bleak economy.

I've lived through downsizing before, but that was when I had a few more resources and my son had health insurance. Now, that's not happening - at least not yet.

What I keep coming back to is the foundation of hope - my faith in God's love for me and my son. God reminded me of that love in Psalm 27:13, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

God is good - always! Even when we're downsized out of a job. Even when we have no health insurance. Even when the economy seems bleak. The focus is on God's goodness - not the current circumstances.

So note to self - stay in hope. Keep looking for that goodness. Focus on God's love.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the impending changes in your employment status! What will they do without you?!?
    Thanks for your example in trusting the Lord. I will continue to pray that God will meet your needs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saddened to hear about the employment status. You are an absolute joy to work with, made my job so much easier. You and your son will be in our prayers, that our faithful God will provide you with something even better than what you had currently. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trusting the Lord will provide for you during this time in unique ways ... eager to hear in the days ahead of His faithfulness to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete